Thu, Jun 18|
Family Science & Surf Camp
Come to Baja California for a 6-night, 7-day Family Science Camp! We think Ranchito Bajajaja is great for learning, discovery, and creating quality time for families. Join us for a week of "glamping", fossil hunting, fireside talks, movie nights, native wildlife with experts, and SURFING.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 2020, 12:00 PM – Jun 24, 2020, 4:00 PM
Ranchito Bajajaja, San Juanico, Baja California Sur, Mexico
About The Event
Join us for our first family camp event! Come to Baja California for a 6-night, 7-day Family Science Camp. We think Ranchito Bajajaja is great for learning, discovery, and creating quality time for families. Join us for a week of "glamping", fossil hunting, fireside talks, movie nights, and learning about the native wildlife from experts in the field. Plus, plenty of opportunities to surf a world-class break in Scorpion Bay.
WHO Families with children ages 6 and older
WHEN June 18- 24, 2020
PRICING $2500 for a family of 4, more than 4 children add $500 per child
WHERE Ranchito Bajajaja
- Stay in our fully-equipped, off-grid camp
- Each family will be in their own 16-foot platform safari tent with beds and solar power for devices
- Nightly catered dinners with freshly caught fish
- Tasty continental breakfast under our Palapa
- Composting toilets
- Hot water, open-air showers
- Basic Wifi for staying connected
Daily Scientific Activities
- Document evidence of past Native American settlements
- Search for Megalodon shark teeth on the beach
- Monitor pitfall traps and identify insects
- Tidepooling to inventory invertebrates
- Lasso lizards for our ‘Mark and Recapture’ project
- Birding, snake hunting, and much more!
- Movie nights under the stars for Kids
- Fireside Science talks for Adults!
- Scorpion and Spider night walk
- Campfire Hot Chocolate and Hot Totties
- Daily surf or swim sessions at your own leisure in the famous, gentle Scorpion Bay break
- Beachside refreshments and lunch
- Search for fossils in the sandstone